I’m Not Being Left Behind This Time

I grew up watching my dad and grandfather on the local Palm Springs news channel as they spoke about their visions for the city and the development plans that were in progress. They would dress up in nice suits and go out the door with paper speeches in hand, leaving me eating mushy cereal at the kitchen counter. Yet today, I left them behind.

This morning, I attended the Super Bowl Halftime Show press conference starring Shakira and Jennifer Lopez. I escorted print and broadcast journalists as well as agents through different areas of the hotel, briefly eyeing the outlets that  each of them worked for on their credentials. Once all of the shuttles left and the media settled in their seats, the two performers came on stage.

While we listened to their hopes about increasing women’s presence in football, my teammates and I took turns recording. The Host Committee tasked us with gathering 30-second videos to post on a variety of different platforms. It is both exciting yet nerve-wracking given that  my content has the potential to be published for a professional company. Yet, during our time there, I kept thinking about the fact that I was at a press conference. It was an eye-opening event witnessing a variety of journalists asking these two powerful women questions.

2 thoughts on “I’m Not Being Left Behind This Time

1. Thank you for every other fantastic article.
    The place else may just anybody get that kind of info in such
    an ideal way of writing? I have a presentation subsequent week, and I
    am at the look for such info.