Rest Day

Compared to yesterday, today was significantly less eventful. I had the morning off, it was much needed. I did not have to wake up until 9 a.m. this morning which allowed me to catch up on some sleep. I was not supposed to have this morning off, but I was switched out with someone else the night before. I was a little upset because I knew some of my favorite NFL players were going to be visiting Radio Row this morning, but it was probably a good thing that my body was able to re-energize.

After sleeping in for a bit this morning, my roommate and I discussed going to get brunch with someone else who also had off this morning. We got brunch at Crema Gourmet Espresso Bar. I ordered the pancake combo because I love pancakes. The combo included pancakes, scrambled eggs, and bacon. I thought about getting coffee; however, coffee does not help wake me up. I drink it sometimes because I like the taste of sweetened coffees from places like Dunkin’ and Starbucks. Very rarely am I able to trick myself that it does wake me up. I did not feel like spending money on a coffee that was probably going to do nothing for me, so I settled for the free water because we love budgeting.

After we ate, we walked back to the hotel. Then, we all finished up some work and got ready to work. My shift for tonight was in the Social Media Command Center. It was a slow night social media wise, but luckily the extra sleep I got this morning allowed me to be energized throughout the night. Although you may not want to take time off in fear of missing things, sometimes you need to in order to let your body rest.