Sunshine and Social Media

By: Madison Brooks

Lots of people think that social media is an easy task. You go out and take pictures, just like you would any day for your own personal account, and post them. While this is true to some extent, I am learning that there is a lot more thought and skill involved than meets the eye. Today I was stationed at Super Bowl LIVE for the morning shift. As we collected images and caption ideas for the Host Committee, I realized that social media is most definitely not my strong suit. Trying to get the perfect photo with my amateur photography skills was not fun for me. It took me a lot of thought and effort just to get something that was decent content.

What I did enjoy was getting to see Super Bowl LIVE and everything that went on there. The event was really cool and there were a lot more attendees there today, which brought up the energy level. We got to cover a Lil Nas X interview and see some former football players. I did get a little too much sun today—my own fault for not wearing a hat or sunscreen! Sorry, Mom!

After we left Super Bowl LIVE we went to work in the Social Media Command Center, which even further proved that social media is not my strong suit. I have such a hard time sitting in a dark room staring at a screen, just hoping to find something worthy of interaction. I think this trip has definitely been helpful in pointing out my strengths and weaknesses in PR.