We Did It!

We Did It!

By: Bethelly Jean-Louis

It’s hard for me to say goodbye, whether that be saying goodbye to people or experiences. This has been an unreal experience. I’ve met some pretty nice people and bonded with teammates all while enjoying the beautiful city of Miami. I’m so grateful for Dr. Scott, Veronica, Winston, Jeramie, Michael, Teacher Lisa and the other volunteers who were working in the Media Center. Everyone was so nice. I am also really proud of the group. This was the first time I got to do an event this massive. The biggest takeaway that I got from this trip is that it takes a lot of moving parts and people to put on something like the Super Bowl. Sure I wasn’t there for the big game, but I learned a lot during Media Week. 

I was one of the few people who had the afternoon off for the last day here. I felt so lucky! I was dying to explore Miami. Unfortunately, it began to rain that afternoon. Though I was a bit disappointed, I still wanted to enjoy myself. My teammates and I went out to dinner for poke bowls. After dinner, we walked around aimlessly. Content from our adventures, we went back to the hotel and started packing. Looking over the balcony, I took a moment to take everything in. This was a whirlwind of a week, in the blink of an eye my teammates and I had accomplished so much. Though I was sad to leave Miami, I know I will be back someday.