Accepting My Feelings

By Meagan Lee

I spent my afternoon at the NFL Transportation booth which is quickly becoming my favorite place to be. I love the face-to-face interaction, as well as Teacher Lisa’s and Jay’s frequent visits. 

While working the booth a lot of VIPs and players passed by,it was really cool to see them. I saw Bachelorette alum Rachel Lindsay, Shaquem and Shaquill Griffin, and Saquon Barkley. They were obviously there for important reasons, and the fact that I was within feet of them was exhilarating. I’m pretty good about keeping my cool while in the presence of “celebrities,” so it was no big deal when they were near us. I was very excited to see Rachel Lindsay because she’s just iconic. Nevertheless, I was cool as a cucumber. 

Around 3:30ish Rob Gronkowski passed by our booth, and I nearly lost my cool. I didn’t realize until that moment that I may have a slight crush on him. Nothing crazy, but maybe a little crush. I would be lying if I said my heart didn’t start racing when he was right there. If it wasn’t imperative that I stay professional, I would have totally fallen into fangirl mode. However, I kept it professional.

In situations like this where I’m working in a professional setting I need to remember that celebrities are just people too. They may have more fame and fortune, but they are just people. I can’t promise that I won’t freak out next time I encounter Rob Grokowski, but I can promise that I will do my best to contain myself.