One Day Away

By: Hannah Lemke

With the Super Bowl happening tomorrow, I knew that the buzz around the convention center would be different today. I predicted that it would either be crazy busy or extremely empty, and the latter was correct. 

The Miami Beach Convention Center today was a dead zone; Radio Row vanished entirely and most of the booths in the Media area also packed their bags. There were no more celebrity sightings, and no more directions to give.

Luckily, I didn’t need to worry about that, because I was stationed in the Social Media Command Center from 9am until 9pm. The Social Media Command Center was also quiet, so I assumed that I would be bored out of my mind. However, I was wrong.

We didn’t have many questions to respond to via social media, but we were able to interact with various fans and locals who were excited about visiting the Super Bowl Experience. I retweeted, quoted, and shared many tweets today, and entertained myself throughout. I found lots of positive fans sharing their experience, and was able to help spread their positivity as I engaged with them online, as if responding on the Super Bowl’s social media handle wasn’t already cool enough! While the hours were long, they were beyond rewarding and I will never forget the wonderful people I worked with; instead I will forever be grateful for my once in a lifetime opportunity of working the Super Bowl.

Next stop: an early plane, then Boston, and then a well-deserved drink!