Closing Time

By: Madison Brooks

Today was the last day down here in Miami working with the Super Bowl Host Committee! It is hard to comprehend that I really just experienced all of this wonderful craziness that was my Super Bowl LIV experience. While it was hectic and tiresome, it was equally surreal and fun. Working with my peers and other industry professionals was incredibly worthwhile in my efforts, as a student, to learn as much as I can in my time here at Emerson. I really enjoyed getting to know everyone and can safely say that I made some lifelong memories while here.

If there is one thing that I learned from this trip, it was the importance of being a versatile and flexible person when working in events. The fun part about events, to me at least, is that you never quite know what is going to happen. In order to be the best at your job and to create an amazing experience, you have to be able to adapt to different situations and circumstances as they unfold. Stressing too much over things can only lead to more problems. If you see a problem, do your best to solve it as soon as possible to avoid any further problems that may come from it. There is a solution to every problem if you look hard enough, and sometimes having a great team of people there to help you out can make the problems seem even smaller. I hope I am able to work in events someday and be able to take on larger roles and bring even more people the excitement I felt working at Super Bowl LIV.