Familiar Territory

By Meagan Lee

In high school I managed the men’s lacrosse team for two seasons. Throughout those two seasons I spent many days out in all different types of weather. Sunny days were my favorite; I got a nice tan and chilled on the sidelines as they guys played. Windy days were a little less fun; I got cold very easily and very quickly. 

One type of day that I absolutely despised having games during was rainy days. Too many times I stood soaked from head to toe, even with my big Red Sox rain poncho on. One time it rained so hard our scorebook dissolved. I’m not kidding. 

Today as it poured while I was outside at Super Bowl LIVE, I was taken back to my high school days. The feeling of water pooling in my shoes was all too familiar, especially how it would squish as I walked. 

It’s really crazy to think that three years ago I was hanging out, managing the men’s lacrosse team and today I finished my last shift of Super Bowl LIV. No matter how many times I remind myself, I still can’t believe this is real and it happened. 

I would have never guessed that standing in the rain on my high school football field would lead to standing in the rain in Miami after working a week at Super Bowl LIV. I will be forever grateful for this opportunity. I came to Emerson to chase my dreams, and I am doing just that. My trip to Miami led to new friends, crazy memories, and a full heart. Although I am sad to be leaving the warm sun and big city, I know there is so much more out there for me to experience.

Until next time, Miami.